Welcome to our website at https://wburton.couk. This site provides information about our products and services that we supply from our premises in North Staffordshire and online via sales oaths website.
This site is managed by WBurton and Sons Ltd based at Green Man Stores, Threapwood, Stoke on Trent, ST10 4QZ.
In summary our policy states that:
- We will only use your personal data to enhance your experience.
- We will protect your personal data.
- We will always communicate clearly in a way in which is easily understood.
- We will not spam. You will be able to decide how often you hear from us.
- We will only keep your information when necessary – if we do not need to use your personal data, we will delete it.
We consider it very importantto protect the privacy and security of our customers. If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
What we do with the information we gather
We use the information you provide to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Processing and fulfilling any orders you make on our website
- Processing and responding to any enquiries you make about our products and services.
- Delivery of any products you may order with us
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE USED BY US
We will be using your personal data in different ways and the function we perform will depend on the information we require.
We will be using your name and contact details to:
- Send you messages via post, text or email. We must use this data to contact you.
- Send you information and updates. We do this, so we can keep you up to date with details such as our latest promotions or events. We will only do this if you give us your explicit permission.
- To manage and protect our site security, particularly to detect and prevent fraud.
- To process and fulfil your orders of products and services with us.
We will be using your contact history with us to:
This will be what you have said to us and the conversations we have had previously, e.g. on the phone or on email.
- To provide you our best customer service when you contact us in the future, as we hope to assist you better with this information.
We will use information about the device you use to view our site:
This will be information you give us when you browse our site, including your IP address and device type and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data, as well as how you use our website.
- This will help us to protect our site.
- This will enable us to improve our site and set default options for you.
We will use information from accounts you link to us:
This will be in instances where you link your Twitter, Facebook or other social media accounts to us.
- This will allow us to provide you with product recommendations we believe you may like.
We will use your responses to promotions, competitions and surveys:
- This is for the purpose of completing these tasks, as we will require your details for our promotions, competitions and surveys to function.
*Please note, you are not obliged to provide this personal data to us. However, if you don’t we may not be able to provide you with our optimal overall customer experience tailored to you. But, the most important thing is you have a choice whether you want us to have this data or not and can easily inform us if you change your mind at any point after consenting to providing your data.*
We may also anonymise and accumulate personal information (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including research, data analysis and improving our site. We also share this information with third parties. Your personal data will be processed using IT and electronic tools, mainly via electronic and automated means or we will use paper documentation e.g. through our order forms.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
This site utilises caching in order to facilitate a faster response time and better user experience. Caching potentially stores a duplicate copy of every web page that is on display on this site. All cache files are temporary, and are never accessed by any third party, except as necessary to obtain technical support from the cache plugin vendor. Cache files expire on a schedule set by the site administrator, but may easily be purged by the admin before their natural expiration, if necessary.
If, at the time of registering for your account or processing your order with us, you opt-in and consent to our marketing messages, we will send you information via email to keep you up to date of new promotions and help you see our products.
If you no longer want to receive marketing messages, you can easily stop them at any time. You may object to any further use of your personal information, such as for direct marketing purposes, by contacting us using the contact details available on our website or writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are also free at any time to opt-out of receiving such communications by responding to any promotional email to unsubscribe. You will then be opted-out of this marketing.
Once you do this, we will update your account to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages. Please note that, it might take up to 48 hours for our systems to be updated, so you might get messages from us while we process your request. Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as order updates).
KEEPING YOUR DATA
We will store your data for as long as you hold an account with us, as long as is needed to provide our service to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with us) for as long as is necessary to provide support. We will store your personal data securely for the duration of your contract with us and 6 months after the date of the goods being provided to you.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required.
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR DATA IF YOU’RE ONLY BROWSING OUR SITE
When users visit and view the site, we do not generally collect personal data, save as to “browsing data”. The platform which the site is made available to users automatically records some browsing data, such as the name of the internet access provider, the site of origin, pages visited, date and duration of the visit, etc. Such information allows you to access the site and use certain services, though this browsing data may also be aggregated and then used by us anonymously to test that the site is functioning properly.We use Google Analytics on this site to help us understand more about visitor behaviour on the site. You can opt out of allowing us to track your use of the website.
SHARING YOUR DATA
We will not sell any of your personal individual data, that we hold, to third parties – this includes but is not limited to your name, address, email address or payment information.
However, there are times when it will be necessary to share your data. This is our statement which explains the categories of third parties we will share your data with in order to deliver our services to you:
- Companies that are involved in getting your order to you, i.e. suppliers, courier services, independent contractors and specialists and payment service providers.
- Companies who provide us services which help our business function such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts.
- Credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies if necessary, so we can help tackle fraud.
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us).
In any case, we undertake to provide such third parties only with the data necessary to perform the duties and activities assigned to them. We also undertake to do everything in our power to ensure that these companies use the data received exclusively for the purposes indicated by us and in compliance with the applicable regulations on personal data processing.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) you are provided statutory rights, we are obliged to inform you these rights include:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (as per our Privacy Notice).
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you (this is by a free subject access request).
- The right to rectify inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which is explained at paragraph 4, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time.
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, made an order for goods and services or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We employ security measures to protect your personal information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage, however, the transmission of information using Wi-Fi networks and cellular data networks may not be completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us using our website.
We employ a range of hard security measures at our site in North Staffordshire to protect the data held on our servers, computers and hard copies of documents we use to process orders.
Cookies are small files of data that are downloaded onto your electronic device used to access websites. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device and help your browser navigate through the website by allowing you to log in automatically or remembering settings you selected during earlier visits (among other functions). Cookies do not harm your computer. If you would like to learn more about cookies in general, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- for technical purposes essential for the operation of this website.
- to distinguish you from other users of this website, so we can personalise your shopping experience; and
- to collect statistical information about how visitors use this website, so we can improve the way this website works and measure the success of competitions and campaigns.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to GREEN MAN STORES, THREAPWOOD STOKE ON TRENT STAFFORDSHIRE ST10 4QZ.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|GOOGLE ANALYTICS||To enhance website performance|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
What data breach procedures we have in place
In the unlikely event of a breach of data security we will take immediate steps to limit the data loss. We will report any breach to the appropriate authorities and contact anyone known or likely to have been affected. We will ensure the Data Controller for the business is immediately informed of the potential data breach through our internal reporting procedures.
CHANGES TO THIS DOCUMENT