Scanpole Premium Creosoted Timber In Stock Now
New to the product range of W Burton & Sons is ScanPole, a range of Scandinavian grown timber products treated with genuine Coal Tar Creosote providing an excellent service life of 40 years*.
ScanPole is manufactured using Scots pine, a species of wood native to Europe. The pine is grown in Nordic countries, such as Scandinavia, as the cold climate generates slow growing trees; in turn providing a dense and robust internal structure. The increased density provides increased strength and in turn a longer service life for the products that are then manufactured from the trees.
The image below demonstrates the difference between the internal structure of Scots pine which has been grown in a UK climate and a Scots pine which has been grown in a nordic climate.
The combination of Scots pine and growth within a cold climate results in the highest quality Northern European wood which is highly suited to fencing.
The Treatment Process
The treatment process begins with de-barking and drying of the freshly cut timber. The de-barking process uses laser technology to allow for as little waste as possible, the residue bark is then used as energy in the ScanPole power plant. The timber is then dried in vacuum chambers, warm-air kilns, or high-temperature kilns.
Once the timber is dry the peeling/dressing and fabrication process begins. For round posts the wood is peeled to make the surface smooth and even (any residue chips are used to create energy in the ScanPole power plant). The timber is then checked for dimensions, moisture content and quality.
Following the quality assurance check the timber is then impregnated with genuine Coal Tar Creosote. The timber is heated to 50-70°C prior to treatment, this process ensures the timber provides the longest service life possible. The timber is then impregnated with Copper-Salt and Copper-Oil which further help to prolong the longevity of the timber.
The success of ScanPole is based upon their ability to grow the strongest, highest quality timber. This combined with the best wood preservation treatment, generates timber products that are strong, high quality and long lasting.
- All ScanPole products have a desired working life of 40 years, which makes them suitable for all applications of fencing.
- Upon installation, the fencing should not require any further maintenance or treatment for a considerable length of time.
- Every product is fire resistant with superior electrical insulating properties making them safer than steel or concrete.
- ScanPole is excellent for animal security but is particularly suited to equestrian fencing. The taste and smell of creosote is a natural deterrent and therefore horses are less likely to chew the timber.
- The creosote leaves a distinct dark finish on every product which is aesthetically pleasing if consistently used.
Want to Know More?
Our range mainly consists of Scanpole Machine Round Posts, Cundy Round Posts, Sawn Posts & Rails and Wooden Field Gates. Due to the nature of the product, bulk discounts are available. If you require any bulk pricing please call us on 01538 753184 or email email@example.com.
If you require any additional information about our ScanPole products, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.