We are proud to announce that on the 17th July 2020 we had a defibrillator fitted at our yard, for the use of our neighbours, staff, customers and the surrounding community.
The defibrillator is readily accessible 24/7 and is located just off the B5032 off Chapel Lane in Threapwood, Staffordshire new to the main entrance of the timber yard at W Burton and Sons.
What is a Defibrillator?…
A defibrillator (also known as a Defib or AED), is a device that can help save the life of someone experiencing a sudden cardiac arrest. They are easy to use, portable and all come with clear step-by-step instructions so that anybody can use them regardless if you have medical training or not.
A cardiac arrest can happen to anybody at any time, following these 4 steps is vital to increase the chance of survival:
- Call 999- the call handler will advise where the nearest Defibrillator is and how to access it.
- Commence CPR (chest compressions)
- Early Defibrillation
- Early Advanced Life Support
How to use a defibrillator…
If you are unsure on how to use a defibrillator, please follow the link below. The link will take you to a short online course that is completely free and it will equip you with everything you need to know about Automated External Defibrillators (AED).
Did you know?…
- 80% of cardiac arrests happen outside of a hospital environment
- There is a 50% increase in surviving a sudden cardiac arrest if an AED and CPR is used
- If effective CPR and a defibrillator can be applied within the first 3-5 minutes of collapse the chances of survival can increase from 6% to 74%